Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Barefoot Investor: The only money guide you'll ever need

By Scott Pape. This is a personal finance book mainly for Australian audience. This was an update from his original book. It was a very easy read done in a few hours.


I got this after someone mentioned it was on sale on Amazon's Kindle. It was a steal at $5.19AUD.
When I got it I was just curious on the level of detail Scott goes into.  I guess this is what you would call a beginners guide.

It's good for those just starting out and needing to set up their financial structure or get out of debt.
So for those financial gurus out there you might not get much from it.

It was also interesting to see his take on the number you need to work towards for retirement. The Australian equivalent of retirement accounts like the 401k, private health insurance etc. I had a good chuckle over the Mercedes-Benz of pillows. I also liked the personal touch of including his own experiences in there as well.

He doesn't go too deep about investing. But instead mentions his Barefoot Blueprint which I personally haven't looked into. It would be interesting to hear what people's experiences with it have been. I guess this would also be one for those more advanced with their finances.

The principles and guidelines he provides can be applied by people anywhere in the world. Like I mentioned earlier this book is good for people still needing to work things out. After a while you figure out what works for you and adjust things. There is no hard and fast rule as everyone is different and has different goals.

Overall I would give it a 4 star rating.

On the study front I did a mock test on which I got 45%. Not too far to get a passing mark and 3 weeks to go. I'll keep keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment