Saturday, September 16, 2017

About Personal Finance

Update for the week: Half a module done (out of 6) and 4 weeks until D-day!

So just to set things straight I am not an expert on this matter of personal finances. I am on my own journey and trying to figure out what works for me.

So on this journey I thought it would be good to share some of my finds along the way. To kick off I'll introduce Mr Money Mustache. I have also put his blog in my blog list so feel free to click through and have a read.

Word of warning for those who can't handle swearing proceed with caution!

So I started going through the blog right from the start and am still somewhere in 2013. But so far I have picked up gems here and there that I can use to optimize my situation. I feel this is the biggest takeaway: to make the most of your situation.

There's plenty of information that anyone from anywhere can apply. There is also a forum attached to the blog for even further reading and knowledge sharing from other readers from different parts of the world. Everything starts with you. I like the thought of pronoia and what MMM refers to as having a positivity gun. It can do wonders for you.

Personally my finances are still in their infancy. In the previous post I mentioned having recently started tracking stuff on the YNAB free trial. I will leave that for another time. Right now I need to cover some ground on those modules!

I would be happy to hear your thoughts on personal finance and if there are blogs or books you recommend on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment