Friday, November 24, 2017

Finding Balance

So it's been just over a year since I went back to working full time and it's been a crazy one.

At the start I used to tell myself that once things settled down I would get my rhythm back. A year later and things are still feeling just as crazy. I did take up a lot, started studying again and traveled. There was lack of sleep, lack of exercise, stress, getting sick and all around feeling bleh.

In the back of my mind it was always there nagging at me, 'Have things settled down yet?'

So slowly I started working on the little things that I could. I am still not there yet but at least I am on my way. Sleep, exercise and positive thinking even in very small doses have been very helpful. I have also started reading a book everyday.

After I cam across some of my goals written down in a notebook. It made me look back through the months. While there has been progress made on a lot of things some of those good habits went in reverse. Looking forward I plan to bring all the good stuff back, apply my learning and be more mindful not to overload myself.

What are some of the things that put you out of balance? What do you do to get it back?

No comments:

Post a Comment